How Much Does It Cost to Treat Cancer in India?
The nature of and cost of cancer treatment varies from person to person depending upon the age of the patient and the stage and location of cancer. Nowadays, any kind of medical treatment is quite expensive, and the amount can be problematic when it comes to cancer. It is difficult to determine precisely how much will be the entire cost of cancer treatments in India. This is because it depends on some essential factors like the type of cancer and also the type of treatment. Here, we shall try to gain some idea about the probable cost of treating cancer in India to provide necessary information to all the readers.
Estimating the Cancer Treatment Cost in IndiaWhen we say the cost of cancer treatment in India, both the pre and post-treatment costs need to be covered along with the cost of primary treatment. Also, cancer treatment is a long process; thus, factors like the fee of Oncologists and the charge of diagnostic tests also call for consideration. Different types of diagnostic tests are conducted depending on the stage and location of the cancer. The cost of some of the essential tests include:-
1. Pre-Treatment Cost
|Mammography||Rs. 1000 to 4000|
|Pap test||Rs. 500 to 2500|
|PSA Test||Rs. 500 – 1000|
|Simple||Rs.2000 to 4000|
|CT Scan||Rs. 1000-15000|
|PET CT Scan||Rs. 5000 to 25000|
|MRI||Rs. 5000 to 12000|
|Fitness/Blodd Test||Rs. 1000-3000|
2. Primary Treatment Cost
|Surgery||The Cost of organ-specific surgery for cancer treatment ranges from Rs. 2,80,000 to 10,50,000|
|Chemotherapy||Cost per cycle – upto Rs. 80000|
|Radiation therapy||Cost per session – Rs. 50,000 to 2,25,000|
|Immunotherapy||Cost per cycle – Rs. 50,000 to 5,00,000|
|Targeted therapy||Rs. 20000 to 2,50,000|
3. Post-Treatment Cost
- Follow-ups – Rs. 10000 to 150000
- Chronic Maintenance Medication – This may cost around Rs.10000to 15000 per month
- Physiotherapy – Rs. 10000 to 15000
- Reconstructive or Plastic Surgery – Rs. 50000 to 5,00,000
- All these above-given costs are indicative and can vary depending on location, city, and hospitals.
Cost of Undergoing Treatment for Cancer in Different Cities in IndiaThe above discussion provides insight into how much it will cost to treat cancer in India. Again, there can be fluctuation in the total cost of cancer treatment in India, depending on the city you select. Below is a tentative city-wise list to give an approximation of how much you will have to spend to get your treatments done in the mentioned cities in India:-
|City Cost (INR)|
|Bengaluru INR 1,12,000 – INR 35,00,000|
|New Delhi INR 1,30,000 – INR 50,50,000|
|Mumbai INR 1,50,000 – 40,50,000|
|Gurgaon INR 1,12,000 – INR 35,00,000|
|Chennai INR 1,10,000 – INR 45,10,000|
|Hyderabad INR 1,12,000 – INR 35,00,000|
|Pune INR 1,12,000 – INR 35,00,000|
|Kolkata INR 1,20,000 – INR 40,00,000|
|Kochi INR 1,20,000 – INR 40,00,000|
Why is a cancer treatment in India Considered to Be more affordable than the other countries in the world?One of the most critical factors that have contributed to India evolving over the years as the preferred treatment destination for cancer is that the cost of treatment here is affordable compared to the other major economies of the world. Various factors are behind this like:-
- The standard of living in India is much lower than in countries like the USA, UK, and Singapore. Hence, facilities related to hospital stay and treatment are pretty affordable here.
- The currency of India, when compared to the dollar or pound, is much less. Thus, the treatment cost logically becomes less for patients visiting from countries like the USA and the UK, while the standard of treatment and medication does not suffer.
- India proudly houses the best medical facilities for cancer treatment in the form of its many internationally acclaimed hospitals and a team of medical experts.
Cancer Treatment Facilities in Max HealthcareMax Healthcare is one of India’s most renowned and largest healthcare-giving organizations. It is one of the best networks of hospitals regarding specific treatments like cancer. Holistic and integrated cancer treatment is provided by the best cancer doctors who are experts in their field. Max Healthcare brings the best expertise and knowledge to treat critical cancer conditions via its many reputed hospitals. Cancer care and oncology hospitals under Max Healthcare are:-
- Max Super Speciality Hospital is located in Saket, Vaishali, Patparganj, Mohali, Shalimar Bagh, Dehradun, and Bhatinda
- Max Smart Super Speciality Hospital – Saket
- Max Hospital Gurgaon,
- Max Multi Speciality Centre, Noida
- Max Institute of Cancer Care, Lajpat Nagar