At last, we can customize our avatars in WhatsApp, and we will tell you how you can do it.
The fact that WhatsApp is incorporating new features is always highly relevant news since it is directly proportional to the massive use of this messaging app.
But it is also true that, within enormous significance, there is always some other addition that attracts users more than others.
And it is that after the arrival of the WhatsApp Communities, now it is the turn of personalized avatars, something that takes time in the beta versions, but that has already reached the whole world.
It is the moment in which we can create one that looks like us so that it can be our new addition. We show you how you can achieve it.
Create an avatar on WhatsApp
Before starting to create our avatar, you should update the application to the latest version, so you should go to the Play Store in the case of Android or the App Store in case of iOS, to see if it allows us to update or if we have the latest of the latest on WhatsApp.
Once we have the application up to date, we must do the following to create our avatars in WhatsApp:
- We enter WhatsApp and go to Settings, then click on Avatar.
- At this moment we will see how the Create Avatar option appears. We must click on Start.
- At that moment we choose our skin tone.
- Then it takes us to a screen where we will have different types of hairstyles and we will have to select the one that is most similar to the one we usually wear. We can also choose the color.
- Now we are clicking on the buttons above the hairstyle options, to see that we can select Clothes. Body, the Eyes with their respective color, and if we want to wear makeup, Eyebrows, Nose, Mouth, Face Shape, Facial Hair, Earrings or ear piercings, Glasses, and even Head Accessories.
- We have a mirror-shaped button on the upper right side, to press and open the front camera to customize the avatar similar to ourselves.
- When we have finished, click on Done and then confirm by clicking Save changes.
- Then click on Next and see how it takes us to the Avatar screen, where we can Edit it, Search for stickers, Create the profile photo or delete it if we don’t like it.
How to use the avatars in WhatsApp
When we have created it, we will be able to share it in any WhatsApp chat or conversation just by clicking on the emoji icon.
When we are writing and want to use it, we have to notice that next to where we get the stickers we have another option, where we will find the personalized emojis with the avatar that we have created.
We have them distributed by categories such as Everyone, Love, Happy, Sad, Anger, Reaction, and Lifestyle.
Depending on which one we enter, this will be our avatar emoji and just by pressing it, we will send it by chat to the person or people with whom we are talking.
In addition, we will also be able to use our avatar as a profile picture for our WhatsApp.
- To achieve this, you just have to go back to WhatsApp Settings.
- Click on Avatar and now give where it says Create profile photo.
- After that, we select which emoji of our avatar we want to appear in the profile photo.
- Once chosen, all that remains is to select the background that we want and click on OK (top right).
- Now we will see how said emoji of our avatar has become our profile photo automatically.
Now you know exactly how you can create and use the new WhatsApp Avatar function.
From now on, the emojis will be very similar to you, which will make everything more personal and fun in WhatsApp communications.